If you’re like me, one of the best things to come out of this quarantine is being able to try a bunch of new recipes! I have been searching every where trying to find the best healthy, gluten-free desserts and recipes. This has become a great hobby for me during quarantine and also a challenge as I attempt to turn my favorite desserts into a healthy treat! I have scoured Pinterest and Google and everything else you can imagine to find a recipe that I like. However, I am proud to say the this recipe was made completely by yours truly! They are gluten free, super fluffy and guilt free! I have played around with this a little and I think I have finally perfected these delicious sweet potato brownies!
- 3/4 cup mashed sweet potato
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 almond milk
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven the 350° F.
- Cook the sweet potato until soft (I put mine in a microwave for 5 minutes and it is the perfect consistency).
- Once the potato has cooled, remove the skin and mash the potatoes. Set this aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, cocoa powder, coconut sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs and almond milk.
- Add the egg and milk to the dry ingredients.
- Fold in the mashed sweet potato to the mixture.
- Pour mixture into a 9×9 greased and lined baking pan.
- Cook in the oven for 20 min. Let them cool for about 5 minutes before cutting.
*A little pro tip: Use a plastic knife to cut the brownies after they have cooled! It makes it much easier to cut and they don’t break as much!