While I believe that New Year’s resolutions are very hard to uphold and keep up with the whole year but I do think that there are ways that we can pledge to better ourselves throughout the year without setting ourselves up for failure. This list is filled with a few ways that I plan to better myself throughout the year without putting too much pressure on myself with the fear of failure. I hope these help you to guide yourself into the best you and the best year yet!
- Blog. Surprisingly enough, this blog is one of my New Year’s resolutions. I have always loved fashion, fitness and travel but I have never found a way that I can express this to others. I love reading other people’s blogs and felt inspired by friends that decided to start their own blogs but never really became determined to do this for myself, until now. Through this blog, I plan to express myself in the most fearless way that I possibly can. I also hope to help people along the way in any way possible, even if it’s just through fashion tips, workout ideas, or showing you my favorite makeup products.
- Try new workout classes. At NC State, there are a lot of different workout classes all throughout the week at our University gym but I feel as if I have not taken as much advantage of this as I could. In the few different classes I have tried, I have had so much fun so this year, I plan to try as many different classes as I can. Sure, I won’t like every single one of them and I’ll favor some over others but I think it is important to switch it up every once and a while. I also think that it is very important to stay interested in your workouts or else you will just get bored and start to resent the gym.
- Take more time for myself. Typically I think that it is in my nature to take time and energy out of myself and use it towards others. However, I think it is also important to find a good balance between using this energy towards others and also using it towards myself and making sure that I am doing okay and taking care of myself.
- Appreciate the small things. Especially with all the changes that came my way this past year (graduating high school, going away to college, joining a sorority, etc.) I have had to focus on the big picture and not appreciate the small, good things that come in life. So, this year, I am going to try to pay more attention to the small things in life that still make us incredibly happy and add up the big things.
- Live in the moment. I am known to be a worrier and to focus on things that do not matter in this moment or to even over analyze a situation to the point where I worry myself sick. So, this year I am going to try my best to live in the moment and appreciate the moment in the present instead of worrying about what could happen in the future.